Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Three Course meal in no time!

Yesterday working under the premise that we needed to defrost the freezer soon and also needed to go shopping I decided to let the cupboards decide what would be on the menu.

Having done a little research online I decided I wanted to try another Halva. The Guru had mentioned making it from semolina and I had a pack there from making pizza. On the back of the "Natco" Semolina pack was a recipe for Semolina Halva so I went with that. It worked perfectly, according to their instructions and once it had cooled it went into the fridge.

The Guru cooks a lot of Indian dishes but loves other flavoursome cuisines, including Thai. So using that as the basis I used three salmon cutlets from the freezer and made Thai Fish Cakes. After a quick mix in the blender I set them aside to begin on the main course of Easy Thai Prawn Curry. I put the rice on to boil, chopped and prepared the sauce and then added the prawns  and allowed them to heat through. The rice was now ready so I drained it. I heated the oil and cooked the Fish Cakes .

Now there is a three-course meal with no stress. So easy to make, and the main was done in less time than a frozen pizza in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment